Cinnamon Apple Chunk Cake
This fall, we’re all about celebrating the abundance of the season. First up, apples! Serve this Cinnamon Apple Chunk Cake as an indulgent breakfast, an afternoon pick-me-up, or a simply rustic dessert! No matter what, it will be delicious! You can switch up the type of apple you use but be sure to grab some of the best baking varieties like Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Braeburn, Crispin, or Pink Lady.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup almond oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped apples
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8-inch cast iron skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, oil, and eggs until pale in color. Stir in buttermilk.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chopped apple and pour batter into prepared cast iron skillet. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Stir together powdered sugar and milk until smooth and drizzle over cooled cake.